Hidden in the attic, our HVAC ductwork is easy to forget, until family members start struggling with allergies, breathing issues, asthma, sneezing or chronic fatigue. When these symptoms appear, you may ask yourself, “Is there a connection between dirty ductwork and allergies, asthma or general sickness?”
The answer is a resounding, YES! Neglected heating and air conditioning duct systems are a common cause of allergens causing symptoms of coughing, sneezing, sore throat, watery eyes, and a feeling of being generally unwell.
With time, dust particles, bacteria, fungi, mold spores and moisture unite to create a toxic combination detrimental to the health and wellbeing of our household. In addition, rodents and disease carrying insects often take shelter (and reproduce!) in the protected environment a neglected ductwork system can create.
Let’s not forget about the expenses of a dirty HVAC. According to the US Department of Energy, the average household spends more than $2,000 a year on energy, with nearly half of this going to heating and cooling costs! Reduce your energy costs with a clean HVAC system.
As summer comes to an end, now is the optimum time to schedule HVAC ductwork cleaning. Trust the experts at Aladdin Cleaning and Restoration to take care of the dirty work while you take care of your family’s wellbeing.
Here’s a general checklist to determine if deep ductwork cleaning might be a good idea for your home or office.
If you answer yes to any of these questions, it might be time to schedule air duct cleaning services with Aladdin Cleaning and Restoration, serving San Antonio, the Texas Hill Country and South Texas.
- Can you see visible soil around your air duct vents/return covers?
- Do you have mold growing around your vent covers?
- Is your home dusty? Are you constantly dusting shelves and wondering where all of the debris is coming from?
- Do you have pets?
- Have you ever had rodents or insects find their way into your ductwork?
- Do you have allergies, asthma or would you benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in your home?
- Have you ever had condensation or water contamination in your HVAC system ?
- Have you recently renovated or remodeled?
- Have you recently moved?
- Do you smoke in your home?
- Are your heating and cooling costs noticeably high or constantly increasing?
Ready for a deep clean? Contact us today to schedule a professional air duct cleaning. Aladdin Cleaning and Restoration is a licensed air conditioning contractor and a member of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).